Warning in WMAP_5yr_tetbeebbeb_pixlike.F90

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Mario Acero
Affiliation: Universidad del Atlantico

Post by Mario Acero » August 26 2008

Hello,

I m trying to install the WMAP Likelihood code under LINUX using the following Makefile:

Code: Select all

CFITSIO=/cosmomc/cfitsio
WMAPFLAGS  = -DOPTIMIZE -lg2c
F90    = gfortran-4.2
FFLAGS = -O $(WMAPFLAGS) -ffree-line-length-none
INCS   = -I. -I$(CFITSIO)/include
LIBS   = -L. -L$(CFITSIO) -lcfitsio -llapack -fopenm
Everything appears to work, but there is the following Warning message after running 'make':

gfortran-4.2 -O -DOPTIMIZE  -ffree-line-length-none -I. -I/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -c -o WMAP_5yr_tetbeebbeb_pixlike.o WMAP_5yr_tetbeebbeb_pixlike.F90
WMAP_5yr_tetbeebbeb_pixlike.F90:620.87:

rite(lun,'(I,6ES)') l, cltt(l), clte(l), cltb(l), clee(l), clbb(l), cleb(l)
                                                                          1            
Warning: Nonnegative width required in format string at (1)
WMAP_5yr_tetbeebbeb_pixlike.F90:621.85:

write(*,'(I,6ES)') l, cltt(l), clte(l), cltb(l), clee(l), clbb(l), cleb(l)
                                                                          1          
Warning: Nonnegative width required in format string at (1)
At the end, the 'check' run goes well and the difference is very small, but there is also a similar message later, when installing cosmomc.

UPDATE
So, the Warning and error messages, later, appear when running the Makefile of source/:

THISVERSION = cosmomc_vanilla
CFITSIO=/cosmomc/cfitsio
F90C     = gfortran-4.2
FFLAGS = -O2 -ffree-form -D__GFORTRAN__ -ffree-line-length-none
LAPACKL = -Wl,-framework -Wl,accelerate

PROPOSE = propose.o
CLSFILE = CMB_Cls_simple.o

PARAMETERIZATION = params_CMB.o
WMAP = /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5
IFLAG = -I
INCLUDE=
WMAP_inc = $(IFLAG)$(cfitsio)/include $(IFLAG)$(WMAP)
WMAP_lib = -L$(cfitsio)/lib -L$(WMAP) -lcfitsio

CLSLIB  = $(WMAP_lib) -L/cosmomc/$(THISVERSION)/camb -lcamb $(LAPACKL) 
CAMB_inc= $(IFLAG)/cosmomc/$(THISVERSION)/camb

F90FLAGS = -DMATRIX_SINGLE $(FFLAGS) $(WMAP_inc) $(CAMB_inc) $(INCLUDE)

DISTFILES = utils.o Matrix_utils.o settings.o GetDist.o
And the messages:

gfortran-4.2 -DMATRIX_SINGLE -O2 -ffree-form -D__GFORTRAN__ -ffree-line-length-none -I/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -I/cosmomc/data_share/wmap5 -I/cosmomc/cosmomc_vanilla/camb  -c params_CMB.f90
params_CMB.f90:236.52:

P%Info%Theory%Sigma_8, C%zre,r10,C%H0,P%P(num_real_params+1:num_real_
Warning: Array reference at (1) is out of bounds
gfortran-4.2 -DMATRIX_SINGLE -O2 -ffree-form -D__GFORTRAN__ -ffree-line-length-none -I/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -I/cosmomc/data_share/wmap5 -I/cosmomc/cosmomc_vanilla/camb  -c calclike.f90
calclike.f90:107.58:

GetLogLikePost = GetLogLikePost + sum(CMB%nuisance(1:nuisance_params_use
Warning: Array reference at (1) is out of bounds
gfortran-4.2 -DMATRIX_SINGLE -O2 -ffree-form -D__GFORTRAN__ -ffree-line-length-none -I/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -I/cosmomc/data_share/wmap5 -I/cosmomc/cosmomc_vanilla/camb  -c conjgrad_wrapper.f90
gfortran-4.2 -DMATRIX_SINGLE -O2 -ffree-form -D__GFORTRAN__ -ffree-line-length-none -I/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -I/cosmomc/data_share/wmap5 -I/cosmomc/cosmomc_vanilla/camb  -c EstCovmat.f90
gfortran-4.2 -DMATRIX_SINGLE -O2 -ffree-form -D__GFORTRAN__ -ffree-line-length-none -I/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -I/cosmomc/data_share/wmap5 -I/cosmomc/cosmomc_vanilla/camb  -c postprocess.f90
gfortran-4.2 -DMATRIX_SINGLE -O2 -ffree-form -D__GFORTRAN__ -ffree-line-length-none -I/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -I/cosmomc/data_share/wmap5 -I/cosmomc/cosmomc_vanilla/camb  -c MCMC.f90
gfortran-4.2 -DMATRIX_SINGLE -O2 -ffree-form -D__GFORTRAN__ -ffree-line-length-none -I/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -I/cosmomc/data_share/wmap5 -I/cosmomc/cosmomc_vanilla/camb  -c driver.F90
gfortran-4.2 -o ../cosmomc /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/read_archive_map.o /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/read_fits.o /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/WMAP_5yr_options.o /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/WMAP_5yr_util.o /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/WMAP_5yr_tt_pixlike.o /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/WMAP_5yr_teeebb_pixlike.o /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/WMAP_5yr_likelihood.o /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/WMAP_5yr_gibbs.o /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/WMAP_5yr_tt_beam_ptsrc_chisq.o /cosmomc/data_share/wmap5/br_mod_dist.o  utils.o Matrix_utils.o settings.o cmbtypes.o Planck_like.o cmbdata.o WeakLen.o mpk.o supernovae.o SDSSLy-a-v3.o CMB_Cls_simple.o paramdef.o propose.o params_CMB.o calclike.o conjgrad_wrapper.o EstCovmat.o postprocess.o MCMC.o driver.o -L/cosmomc/cfitsio/lib -L/cosmomc/data_share/wmap5 -lcfitsio -L/cosmomc/cosmomc_vanilla/camb -lcamb -Wl,-framework -Wl,accelerate  -DMATRIX_SINGLE -O2 -ffree-form -D__GFORTRAN__ -ffree-line-length-none -I/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -I/cosmomc/data_share/wmap5 -I/cosmomc/cosmomc_vanilla/camb 
/usr/bin/ld: -f may not be used without -shared
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cosmomc] Error 1
Could you give me some information and/or suggestions about this message?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Cheers,

MarioAAO

marc vonlanthen
Affiliation: university of geneva

Post by marc vonlanthen » May 30 2009

Dear Mario,

You posted this message a couple of years ago, but now, I have exactly the same error message. Do you remember how to fix it ?

Thank you,

marc

Mario Acero
Affiliation: Universidad del Atlantico

Post by Mario Acero » May 30 2009

Dear Marc,

Unfortunately, I have to tell you I could not fix the problem that time. I was trying to install the complete CosmoMC code in a machine working with Ubuntu 8.04 but at the end I didn't succeed.

I think the problem was related to the fact I was using gfortran for compilation, but I am not sure and I don't know how to proceed.

I'm sorry I cannot help!

Good luck,

MarioAAO.

Gaelen Marsden
Affiliation: UBC

Post by Gaelen Marsden » August 15 2009

I had the same problem trying to install on both Ubuntu 8.04 and 9,04. It seems that for whatever reason, gfortran doesn't understand the "-Wl,-framework -Wl,accelerate" directive (I am by no means an expert, and don't know what those options are for). I managed to get the code to compile by changing:

LAPACKL = -Wl,-framework -Wl,accelerate

to:

LAPACKL = -llapack

I'm not sure if I'm taken a speed hit for removing the "accelerate" package (or whatever it is), though.

Minghua Li
Affiliation: Institue of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences

\"-Wl,-framework -Wl,accelerate\" are options of

Post by Minghua Li » September 15 2009

"-Wl,-framework -Wl,accelerate" are options of Intel Fortran Compiler

You can change your Gfortran compiler to an Intel Fortran Compiler and try again!