wmap likelihood code help

preshanth jagannathan
Affiliation: University of Calgary

Post by preshanth jagannathan » January 09 2007

Hello i am trying to get the noise covariance matrix for the wmap 3yr data to proceed with some non parametric estimation of the power spectrum. Where can i find it if not here and if here where??

Hans Kristian Eriksen
Affiliation: ITA, University of Oslo

Re: wmap likelihood code help

Post by Hans Kristian Eriksen » January 09 2007

preshanth jagannathan wrote:Hello i am trying to get the noise covariance matrix for the wmap 3yr data to proceed with some non parametric estimation of the power spectrum. Where can i find it if not here and if here where??
It's available on Lambda:

http://lambda.gsfc.nasa.gov/product/map ... yr_get.cfm

Or are you looking for something else..?

preshanth jagannathan

Post by preshanth jagannathan » January 09 2007

I was wondering how to get the final covariance of the composite map as provided by LAMBDA.... Sry i should have been more clear with the question. This is what i am looking for. Thank you very much for your immediate help.

Hans Kristian Eriksen
Affiliation: ITA, University of Oslo

Re: wmap likelihood code help

Post by Hans Kristian Eriksen » January 10 2007

preshanth jagannathan wrote:I was wondering how to get the final covariance of the composite map as provided by LAMBDA.... Sry i should have been more clear with the question. This is what i am looking for. Thank you very much for your immediate help.
Actually, it's still not quite clear to me what you want. Is it the covariance matrix for the ILC map? If so, I think you're out of luck -- this would be one ugly mess. (You cannot assume the noise is white any longer because of the 1 degree smoothing kernel applied to each sub-map.)

If it's the composite *spectrum* covariance matrix you want -- the one used by the WMAP team to generate the final spectrum from all DA vs DA combinations -- then this is not publically available at the moment, but I'm sure Gary Hinshaw would be happy to post it on Lambda, if anybody asks for it. So if that's what you want, you should probably try sending him an e-mail.

preshanth jagannathan

Post by preshanth jagannathan » January 23 2007

Hans thank you once again this was michael nolta's reply to my query. It might be of use to you too someday. So here it is.

You can extract the TT fisher matrix from the likelihood code on LAMBDA.
Look in WMAP_3yr_likelihood.F90, on line 328, for the variable "fisher".