CosmoMC: patch for SDSS data

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Ariel Sanchez
Affiliation: Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics

CosmoMC: patch for SDSS data

Post by Ariel Sanchez » September 28 2004

Hi,

I am working on a project that involves CMB and LSS data analysis and I am trying to use CosmoMC. I have dowloaded the August 2004 version and I want to include SDSS data in my analysis. The link in the download information page of CosmoMC does not have an SDSS patch for this version and I receive an error message when I try to use the June 2004 patch. What should I do? Thanks in advance,

Ariel

Sarah Bridle
Affiliation: University College London (UCL)

patch /non-linear theory

Post by Sarah Bridle » September 28 2004

Hi Ariel. I can make you an sdss patch for the August 2004 version of cosmomc, but first can I check: would you be equally happy with a new release of cosmomc which includes sdss?

Also, NB. the main reason why cosmomc does not currently include sdss as standard is that really non-linear theory (ie. Peacock and Dodds or Smith et al) needs to be included (not currently in cosmomc, but was used eg. in the Tegmark analysis), since the window functions go to quite large k. Unfortunately at the moment Sam Leach's patch and my patch would not correct for this (anyone want to send a patch for this?!).

Ariel Sanchez
Affiliation: Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics

Re: patch /non-linear theory

Post by Ariel Sanchez » September 29 2004

Hi Sarah,

of course I would be (more than) equally Happy with a new release of CosmoMC! But a patch might be just fine. I believe that the implementation of Smith et al. code to use the non-linear power spectrum shouldn't give too much trouble so may be I can help you with that. Thank you for your kind answer,

Ariel

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: patch /non-linear theory

Post by Antony Lewis » October 05 2004

SDSS is now included in CosmoMC - please see the October 2004 version.
(however the current implementation only uses linear theory)