International School of Astrophysics Daniel Chalonge – Hector de Vega
– A Laboratory of Ideas, Research, Training and Scientific Culture –
30 Years of Pioneering Activity. Calling for Understanding. Tribute to Hector de Vega.The Scientist and the Human Person
– Open Science and Free Access –
Programme 2021, In remote, 16h00 Paris Time
– Thursday 21 January 2021: Prof.Dr Carlos O. LOUSTO, RIT School of Mathematical Sciences, co-director of the Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation, Rochester NY:
From simulations of binary black holes to insights into astrophysics and gravitational waves.
– Programme 2021 Nobel Lectures in Physics organized by Norma G. Sanchez
– Thursday 28 January 2021: Prof. Dr Gerard ‘T HOOFT, Nobel Prize in Physics, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Utrecht University and Spinoza Institute:
Quantum Black Holes
– Wednesday 3 February 2021: Prof. Dr Reinhard GENZEL, Nobel Prize in Physics, Director at the Max-Planck-Institut fur Extraterrestrische Physik, Garching:
A Forty-Year Journey
– Wednesday 10 February 2021: Prof. Dr Barry C. BARISH, Nobel Prize in Physics, LIGO Caltech Laboratory, LSCEC, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena:
– Thursday 4 March 2021: Prof. Dr Didier QUELOZ, Nobel Prize in Physics, Cavendish-Astrophysics Cambridge UK and Geneva University
-Thursday 8 April 2021: Prof. Dr John C. MATTER, Nobel Prize in Physics and Chalonge Medal, NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center, Cosmology, JWST SPS, Greenbelt :
Getting JWST ready, what it can do. New observational techniques for adaptive optics using orbiting laser guide stars. Wouldn't it be great to have nearly perfect imaging at visible wavelengths with the ELT?
Lectures in this Programme to be announced later in the Year:
Adam Riess, Brian Schmidt, George Smoot, and other Lecturers...
More Informations and online registration:
Information is being completed along the whole year: research news, conferences, online lectures, videos
School page: https://chalonge-devega.fr/
Hector J. de Vega page: https://chalonge-devega.fr/HdeV.html
Norma G. Sanchez page: https://chalonge-devega.fr/sanchez/
With compliments and kind regards,
The Chalonge - de Vega School
THE CHALONGE DE VEGA PROGRAMME 2021: NOBEL LECTURES IN PHYSICS
See also CADC list.
1 post • Page 1 of 1