PhD and PostDoc position in (astro)particle theory and phenomenology (NCBJ, Warsaw)

Listings (see also AAS list, SPIRES and rumour mills astro-wiki, hep).
Sebastian Trojanowsk
Affiliation: National Centre for Nuclear Research

PhD and PostDoc position in (astro)particle theory and phenomenology (NCBJ, Warsaw)

Post by Sebastian Trojanowsk » April 27 2022

Job description:
Department of Fundamental Research of the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ), Warsaw, Poland invites applications for one PhD student and one postdoctoral researcher position in (astro)particle theory and phenomenology within the project Exploring the light dark sector of the Universe financed by the National Science Centre in Poland. The PhD fellowship is for 4 years, the postdoctoral position is for 2+1 years.

NCBJ is the largest research institute in Poland included among the elite category A+ scientific institutions according to the rating by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. The Particle Theory group at NCBJ consists of 5 faculty members, 4 post-docs, and several PhD students working on various topics in (astro)particle physics phenomenology and theory, and particle cosmology. The group offers very good working conditions in an active, international environment.

The successful candidates will join the project focused on light and ultra-light new physics species, and possible existing and novel ways of their detection. They will work with Dr Sebastian Trojanowski, while will also be expected to participate in collaborative projects with local and international collaborators.

PhD candidates are expected to hold, or soon obtain, a MSc degree in particle physics or a closely related field, have strong motivation for scientific research, and interest in (astro)particle physics and particle theory. Good programming skills (Python, C++) will be a bonus.

For the post-doc position, we are seeking candidates who obtained their PhD degrees in theoretical particle physics, or a closely related field, no earlier than in 2015 and no later than by fall 2022. Experience in (astro)particle phenomenology, particle cosmology, or dark matter and collider physics will be especially valuable. Good programming skills (Python, C++, …) will be an asset.

PhD application:
Applications should be sent via the Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry of the NCBJ (see [Log in to view email]. Deadline for PhD applications is 10 May 2022

Post-doc application:
Applications, consisting of a curriculum vitae and brief research statement, should be sent to: [Log in to view email] with the subject „postdoc 2022”. In addition, the applicant is asked to arrange for at minimum two letters of recommendation to be sent to the same address. To ensure full consideration please make sure that all the documents arrive by the deadline of: 1 June 2022

As an attachment to your applications please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing