Likelihood for low ell Planck data (Commander)

Teeraparb Chantavat2
Affiliation: Naresuan University

Likelihood for low ell Planck data (Commander)

Post by Teeraparb Chantavat2 » September 10 2022

Hi All,

I am curious if anyone here could answer my question.

I have had a look at commander_dx12_v3_2_29.clik/clik/lkl_0/_external/sigma.fits which I believe it contains the likelihood for lowl (2 < ell < 29). It contains an array of shape

3 x 249 x 1000

I believe the first axis is for TT, EE and BB and the second axis is for ells from 2 - 250. I believe the third axis is the tabulated g_ell(C_ell^theory) from

Equation 12 in Planck 2018 05 - CMB and likelihoods paper

https://doi.org/10.1051/0004-6361/201936386

The data only contains the tabulated values of log likelihood for C_ell^theory by the the values of C_ell^theory itself. I am wondering if I could somehow find the value of C_ell^theory to match the values of the log likelihood in the file.

Best,
Teera

Teeraparb Chantavat2
Affiliation: Naresuan University

Re: Likelihood for low ell Planck data (Commander)

Post by Teeraparb Chantavat2 » September 11 2022

The data only contains the tabulated values of log likelihood for C_ell^theory by the the values of C_ell^theory itself.
The data only contains the tabulated values of log likelihood for C_ell^theory but not the the values of C_ell^theory itself.

Sorry for not proof read before.

Teera

Jordan Krywonos
Affiliation: Perimeter Institute

Re: Likelihood for low ell Planck data (Commander)

Post by Jordan Krywonos » October 26 2022

Hello,

I would like to follow-up on the first part of this question and confirm if this is indeed the correct description for the dimensions of this 3 x 249 x 1000 array? I have also been looking at this sigma.fits file and am unsure what each axis of this array corresponds to.

Thank you for your help,

Jordan