Cosmomc: problem with using params_H.f90

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Deepak Vaid
Affiliation: Penn State

Post by Deepak Vaid » May 30 2007

Cosmomc compiles and runs fine when I use the default parametrization (corresponding to params_CMB.f90). However, if I try to use params_H.f90 (by modifying the Makefile and copying the relevant params.ini file to the cosmomc directory) I get an error during compilation:
mpif90 -o ../cosmomc /home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap/read_archive_map.o /home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap/read_fits.o /home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap/WMAP_3yr_options.o /home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap/WMAP_3yr_util.o /home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap/WMAP_3yr_tt_pixlike.o /home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap/WMAP_3yr_tt_beam_and_ptsrc_corr.o /home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap/WMAP_3yr_teeebb_pixlike.o /home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap/WMAP_3yr_likelihood.o utils.o settings.o cmbtypes.o cmbdata.o WeakLen.o mpk.o supernovae.o SDSSLy-a-v3.o CMB_Cls_simple.o paramdef.o propose.o params_H.o calclike.o conjgrad_wrapper.o EstCovmat.o postprocess.o MCMC.o driver.o -L/home1/sha3/cosmomc/cfitsio/lib -L/home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap -lcfitsio -L../camb -lcamb -L/usr/global/mpich/lib -lmpichf90nc -L/usr/global/intel/mkl/lib/32 -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide -lpthread -O2 -Vaxlib -ip -W0 -WB -openmp -fpp -DMPI -I/home1/sha3/cosmomc/cfitsio/include -I/home1/sha3/cosmomc/wmap -I../camb -I/usr/global/mpich/include
paramdef.o: In function `paramdef_mp_writecmbparams_':
paramdef.o(.text+0x7f): undefined reference to `writeparamsanddat_'
make: *** [cosmomc] Error 1
Now "writeparamsanddat" is a function present in params_CMB.f90 but not in params_H.f90. So I'm guessing that just changing the "PARAMETRIZATION" line in the makefile is insufficient. There is some other place where params_H.f90 needs to be specified instead of params_CMB.f90 in order to compile correctly. Is that right? Either way what else what do I need to do to get it to compile with params_H.f90?

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: Cosmomc: problem with using params_H.f90

Post by Antony Lewis » May 30 2007

I think I forgot to update params_H... you can probably just copy over the function from params_CMB. It isn't actually used.

Deepak Vaid
Affiliation: Penn State

Post by Deepak Vaid » May 30 2007

Thanks Antony. That worked.

I have another question but I guess that probably belongs in a different thread.