Plotting Graphs Using COSMOMC

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Riley Mayes
Affiliation: Loyola University New Orleans

Post by Riley Mayes » April 16 2013

I am an undergraduate student working with the COSMOMC program, and I am trying to learn how to plot graphs within MATLAB.

I installed Visual Fortran on a Windows 7 OS. However, I am having trouble using the default data to produce chains to use in getdist.

I have followed the instructions listed on the COSMOMC readme, but I cannot seem to produce the chains. If I am right, the chains should be used to produce the graphs from getdist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Riley Mayes

Post by Riley Mayes » April 17 2013

I have successfully figured out the problem with the chains.

ommair isahque
Affiliation: National Centre for Physics

Post by ommair isahque » April 21 2013

I am also undergraduate student and i am also trying to use cosmoMC pacage but could not able to. If anyone can help me what to install and how compile all packages.

ommair isahque

Post by ommair isahque » April 23 2013

Riley Mayes: Kindly guide me how you have figured out your problem, i m also facing the same problem

Riley Mayes

Post by Riley Mayes » April 24 2013

Ommair,

Did you install Visual FORTRAN? Just go to the intel software development site to download. I find that this is the easiest way to compile cosmomc and getdist. Once you have installed this software, I would recommend using the command prompt to run cosmomc. If you aren't using the WMAP and Planck data, there are some spots in the params.ini file that you will not need.

ommair isahque

Post by ommair isahque » April 24 2013

Yes i have installed Visual Studio 2012 and fortran Composer XE 2013. I m very new to fortran language also can u plz guide how to do it means can U plz tell some commands also.

I will be thank full to you