Univiewer: sky map visualisation program
- Posts: 3
- Joined: September 27 2004
- Affiliation: University of Cambridge
We would like to announce another new visualisation program for HEALPix maps. It is called Univiewer
, and using it you can:
- Rotate and zoom maps on the sphere in 3D;
- Create high-resolution views of square patches of the map;
- Change maximum and minimum values of the colourmap interactively;
- Calculate the power spectrum of the full-sky map or a patch;
- Display any column of a HEALPix map FITS file on the sphere.
It is written in C++ and uses OpenGL and the wxWidgets toolkit for cross-platform portability. We have tested it on Unix/Linux and Windows XP. It might also work on Mac OS X, but we don't have access to a Mac to test it.
Univiewer was started last year as a student summer project for one of us (Shamil). It has reached a sufficiently developed state to be useful to others, hence this announcement.
The source code and binaries (Linux and Windows XP) are available from the web site:
Feedback (and bug reports) are welcome.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: February 10 2005
- Affiliation: Kazan State University, Russia
First of all - Mark and Vlad, I am grateful to you for your help!
And for all, who'll use (I hope you will:) this program:
please let me know what you think about this software, including suggestions for improvements.
Now I'm directly engaged on developing univiewer 2.0.
It'll have much better GUI and some new features.
I'm going to add:
1. possibility to save jpeg files.
2. generate map from a[l,m]
3. and so on;)