CAMB sources: non-flat models

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
gongbo zhao
Affiliation: NAOC

Post by gongbo zhao » May 15 2011

Dear all,

I tried to calculate the WL and count spectra for non-flat models using CAMB sources, but didn't succeed. On the website, it is said that CAMB sources doesn't support non-flat models, but I guess it is just for 21cm since there is a stop command in the 'derivs' subroutine in equations.f90,

stop 'need to add 21cm cs^2 and delta_m for non-flat'

This means that it should be able to do WL and counts for non-flat models, right? But after commenting out that stop commend in derivs, it takes ages to run for the WL spectra only. Anyone has ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Gongbo

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: CAMB sources: non-flat models

Post by Antony Lewis » May 15 2011

It's not just 21cm, there's no non-flat support in CAMB sources at present (though probably not a major job to make corresponding changes to the non-flat code if you want to).

gongbo zhao

Post by gongbo zhao » May 15 2011

Thanks Antony. I would like to do that and publish my code here if I succeed. Could you give me some hints, like what subroutines need to be tweaked?

Thanks,
Gongbo

gongbo zhao

Post by gongbo zhao » May 16 2011

After comparing CAMB sources with CAMB, I guess the reason why CAMB sources doesn't work for the non-flat models might be the k-sampling issue. In cmbmain, there are several places saying,

if (CP%closed) then
stop 'need to check closed set k'
call SetClosedkValuesFromArr(Evolve_q%points,Evolve_q%npoints)
end if

I think that this means the k-sampling for WL, counts here needs some careful tweak, depending on the source kind and/or the median redshift?. Anybody can confirm this, or give some suggestions?

Cheers,
Gongbo

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: CAMB sources: non-flat models

Post by Antony Lewis » May 16 2011

The non-flat bessel integration code has also not be generalized for more than 3 sources I think.