WMAP likelihood compiling problems

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Michelle Knights
Affiliation: University of Cape Town/ AIMS/ SAAO

Post by Michelle Knights » January 11 2011

Hello

I am quite new to CosmoMC and am having some issues installing it. I managed to install CAMB without any problems but I am really struggling to get the WMAP likelihood code to compile.

I have an Intel processor on an Ubuntu system. I do not have the Intel Fortran compiler installed, I'm hoping to find a way to do this using gfortran. Here's the issue:

After selecting the options for my system in the makefile, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

gfortran: '-V' must come at the start of the command line
which I don't understand (despite extensive searching). But this seems to be fixed by simply adding a '-V' to the compiler. Then I get a different error:

gfortran: error trying to exec 'i486-linux-gnu-gcc--O2': execvp: No such file or directory
There's also no information about this on the web but I realised it is looking for the folder containing gcc called 'i486-linux-gnu' and for some reason it is appending the other options onto the end of the filename. Clearly there's something wrong with the compiler or the way it's being called but I have no idea how to fix it. The "-V" error is very strange. Here's the options I'm using in the makefile:

F90    = gfortran -V
FFLAGS = -O2 $(WMAPFLAGS) -u -g -O2 -CB -traceback -warn all -warn noerrors \
-check all -check noarg_temp_created -fpe0 -zero -Vaxlib -fpp
INCS   = -I. -I$(CFITSIO)/include
LIBS   = -L. -L$(CFITSIO)/lib $(CFITSLIB) -L$(LAPACKDIR) $(LAPACLLIB)
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Michael Greason
Affiliation: NASA/GSFC LAMBDA

Post by Michael Greason » January 25 2011

Hi,

I think the problem you are running into has to do with the set of options you are using. Try getting rid of all the flags after -O2 and the -u flag; I believe that most-to-all of those flags are not supported by the gfortran compiler. So the macros will look something like
F90= gfortran
FFLAGS - -O2 -g $(WMAPFLAGS)

If you continue to have problems, please let me know. I'm affiliated with both LAMBDA and the WMAP team, and I manage the WMAP data release on LAMBDA.

Michelle Knights

Post by Michelle Knights » January 25 2011

Dear Michael

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately what you suggested did not work. I had the same error. I tried removing a variety of flags to no avail. Any other ideas?

Thanks again

Sheng Li
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Post by Sheng Li » January 31 2011

Hi,

So why did not u try to get a free & non-commercial inteal compiler from intel website?

do not waste time if you just using one complier and mostly there is an option to choose, ie Intel compiler.

Good luck.

BTW: did you google your error msg online?

Any way, hope all those help!

Michelle Knights

Post by Michelle Knights » January 31 2011

Hi

Thanks for your response. I was hoping to avoid downloading the intel compiler because of the large size (South African bandwidth can be quite bad). I will try downloading it at my university now.

Naturally I tried googling the problem, to no avail.

Thank you to everyone for trying to help me. I should have more success with the intel compiler.