Snow Leopard / MacOS 10.6 / gcc / gfortran + cosmology

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Richard Easther
Affiliation: Yale

Post by Richard Easther » September 11 2009

Dear All

I have installed Snow Leopard on my workstation (a newish Mac Pro), and am now installing healpix / cfitsio / WMAP likelihood / gfortran / fftw, plus a bunch of my own codes.

I am busy with teaching but assume other people are working on the same project -- so I am opening this thread to suggest that people post hints and tips about the optimal combination of compilers, settings and so forth with the new OS.

If we can accumulate a useful body of knowledge I will post a webpage (or perhaps a Wiki) that summarizes our progress...

Best,
Richard Easther

preshanth jagannathan
Affiliation: University of Calgary

Post by preshanth jagannathan » May 03 2010

Hello,

I am working on a MacBook Pro running 10.6.3 and just got the new ifort compiler 11.080 and have set it up and its running. For some odd reason i keep getting errors with cfitsio compilation and subsequently with WMAP 7 for it does not recognize the cfitsio format that has been created. If you have a solution to this i am eagerly awaiting it. I am putting in the error i receive.

ifort -O -DOPTIMIZE -o test test.o read_archive_map.o read_fits.o healpix_types.o br_mod_dist.o WMAP_7yr_options.o WMAP_7yr_util.o WMAP_7yr_gibbs.o WMAP_7yr_tt_pixlike.o WMAP_7yr_tt_beam_ptsrc_chisq.o WMAP_7yr_teeebb_pixlike.o WMAP_7yr_tetbeebbeb_pixlike.o WMAP_7yr_likelihood.o -L. -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/084/Frameworks/mkl/lib -lmkl -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_core -lguide -lcfitsio -lpthread
ipo: warning #11015: Warning unknown option -no_compact_unwind
ipo: warning #11009: file format not recognized for /usr/local/lib/libcfitsio.dylib
ld: library not found for -lmkl
make: *** [test] Error 1

Any help that you can extend is greatly appreciated.