cosmomc and wmap3 likelihood with ifc

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
David Parkinson
Affiliation: KASI

cosmomc and wmap3 likelihood with ifc

Post by David Parkinson » March 20 2006

I compiled cosmomc on a linux box with Xeon processors with ifc. I found that the likelihoods of every point was set to 1.E+30 (LogZero), and so being rejected, because the logical variable 'wmap_likelihood_ok' was set to false, even though there were no errors reported. My solution was to insert a call to 'wmap_likelhood_error_init' at the beginning of the 'MAPLnLike' function in cmbdata.f90. This way the logical variable would be set to true before the likelihood routine was called. This solved the problem.

I don't know if this problem may crop up with other compilers, or if it was just a 'feature' of the ifc compiler I was using.

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: cosmomc and wmap3 likelihood with ifc

Post by Antony Lewis » March 21 2006

David Parkinson wrote:I compiled cosmomc on a linux box with Xeon processors with ifc. I found that the likelihoods of every point was set to 1.E+30 (LogZero), and so being rejected, because the logical variable 'wmap_likelihood_ok' was set to false, even though there were no errors reported. My solution was to insert a call to 'wmap_likelhood_error_init' at the beginning of the 'MAPLnLike' function in cmbdata.f90. This way the logical variable would be set to true before the likelihood routine was called. This solved the problem.
Make sure you have the latest WMAP likelihood code from their site - they updated it after thursday.