cosmomc: Reading in new Boomerang data with Sun SPARC V880

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Tristan L Smith
Affiliation: Swarthmore

Post by Tristan L Smith » February 18 2006

Hi All,

I have been trying to get cosmomc to run chains including the new Boomerang data on a Sun V880 and it gives the following error message when I try to do this:

Code: Select all

Reading BCP data set: data/B03_NA_21July05.newdat
 Reading: B03_NA_21July05_
 Using selected band ranges
 1 TT  1 24

******  FORTRAN RUN-TIME SYSTEM  ******
 Error 1086:  unexpected character in logical value
 Unit:  62
 File:  data/B03_NA_21July05.newdat
 Input:  1
         ^
Job cre.9865 on sun: received signal ABRT (core dumped).
I was wondering if any one has come across a similar problem. I had found that some of the commands related to naming the .log and .data files in driver.F90 did not work on this system, and I had to change them. But when I go to the line that the error references,

Code: Select all

READ(62,*) ijunk, aset%points(use_i)%obs,aset%points(use_i)%err_minus, &
                     aset%points(use_i)%err_plus,tmp_x(use_i),lb(use_i,1),lb(use_i,2),aset%has_xfactor(use_i)
I can't tell where a logical value should be. I am going to continue to look at this, and if I find anything I will post it-- but figured, that it wouldn't hurt to see if some one else had similar problems.

Thanks!

--Tristan

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: cosmomc: Reading in new Boomerang data with Sun SPARC V8

Post by Antony Lewis » February 18 2006

has_xfactor is a logical, so my guess is that for some reason the Sun compiler doesn't like reading logical values as 1s or 0s (maybe expects T and F?). There might be a compiler flag to allow this, otherwise you'll have to edit the code to change the type of logicals being read in and used, or edit the boomerang .newdat files to change logical 1s to Ts.

Also make sure you have the latest Sun compiler update - some of the older ones were rather buggy.

Tristan L Smith
Affiliation: Swarthmore

Post by Tristan L Smith » February 19 2006

Thanks Antony! I searched a bit to find out if there was a flag that would enable the mpf90 compiler on the Sun machine to interpret 1's and 0's as logicial characters, but to no avail-- in the end it was MUCH easier to just change the 1s to Ts and 0s to Fs-- Thanks again!

--Tristan