cosmomc: compiling on a Sun V880

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Tristan L Smith
Affiliation: Swarthmore

Post by Tristan L Smith » November 14 2005

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any one has tried to compile cosmomc and use MPI on a Sun V880 (or any other Sun machine for that matter). The default Makefile section corresponding to 'Sun parallel enterprise' machines says to compile using f95-- but in the Sun documentation that I have found says that if we want to use MPI then we need to actually compile with tmf90 with an extra flag -dalign and an extra library -lmpi_mt. I have done this and yet each time I run the 'mprun' command it doesn't save separate files for each chain being computed. To make things worse, the file names are completely wrong-- even when running on just one processor the only file that makes it into the /chains directory is the .log file, eveything else is written to the directory from which cosmomc was executed and their names are some truncated version of 'chains' (since this the directory the params.ini file indicates these files should be written into).

Any similar experiences/fixes would be a great help-- thanks!

Cheers,

Tristan

Anze Slosar
Affiliation: Brookhaven National Laboratory

Re: cosmomc: compiling on a Sun V880

Post by Anze Slosar » November 14 2005

Tristan L Smith wrote:I have done this and yet each time I run the 'mprun' command it doesn't save separate files for each chain being computed.
Did you add-DMPI (or whatever you need to send directives to preprocessor) to the compilation command?

Tristan L Smith
Affiliation: Swarthmore

Post by Tristan L Smith » February 18 2006

A bit belated, but thanks Anze-- that did fix the compiling problem. I also found that I neeeded to change the way in which the driver.F90 created files in order for cosmomc to run correctly. If any one wants the fix, feel free to email me and I can send it to them.

Cheers,

Tristan