CosmoCoffee Forum Index CosmoCoffee

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistSmartFeed   MemberlistMemberlist    RegisterRegister 
   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Arxiv New Filter | Bookmarks & clubs | Arxiv ref/author:

.chk files not created

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Computers and software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunny Vagnozzi

Affiliation: Oskar Klein Centre, Stockholm University

PostPosted: July 20 2017  Reply with quote

Hi Anthony et al.,

I recently switched cluster (if it can help, from Edison at NERSC to Cori, always at NERSC), and managed to successfully install CosmoMC.

However, when I launch chains now, .chk files are no longer created, even though I am setting
Code:
checkpoint=T
in my .ini file (the same .ini file in the previous cluster resulted in .chk files being created without any problem). Also, the chains have been running for quite some time and have a decent convergence (~4000 points sampled and ~0.08 convergence) so it cannot be a problem of chains not having run for enough time yet.

Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!
Sunny
Yutong Wang

Affiliation: university of Chinese Academy of Sciences

PostPosted: August 16 2017  Reply with quote

Sunny Vagnozzi wrote:
Hi Anthony et al.,

I recently switched cluster (if it can help, from Edison at NERSC to Cori, always at NERSC), and managed to successfully install CosmoMC.

However, when I launch chains now, .chk files are no longer created, even though I am setting
Code:
checkpoint=T
in my .ini file (the same .ini file in the previous cluster resulted in .chk files being created without any problem). Also, the chains have been running for quite some time and have a decent convergence (~4000 points sampled and ~0.08 convergence) so it cannot be a problem of chains not having run for enough time yet.

Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!
Sunny

I met the same problem, re-strat the CosmoMC and there is no .chk in chains file, and what reason cause this problem?
Sunny Vagnozzi

Affiliation: Oskar Klein Centre, Stockholm University

PostPosted: August 16 2017  Reply with quote

Hi Yutong,

are you also working on NERSC? Anyway, what happened to me was that the architecture of my cluster was restructured, and even though I can successfully compile CosmoMC, the .chk files don't get created when I run it. I suspect it might have something to do with MPI communication among the chains not functioning properly, which might probably have to do with the architecture restructuring of the cluster, but I still haven't managed to solve the problem.

Antony any suggestions?

Cheers,
Sunny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Computers and software All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: