CosmoCoffee Forum Index CosmoCoffee

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistSmartFeed   MemberlistMemberlist    RegisterRegister 
   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Arxiv New Filter | Bookmarks & clubs | Arxiv ref/author:

Data points for the curve of n_s-r contour diagram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Computers and software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Sparrow

Affiliation: HK

PostPosted: June 06 2017  Reply with quote

When we use getdist to plot the contour diagram, we can get the curves. Does anybody know how to extract the data points of the curve? I want to use these points for some other purpose.

Actually, I want to get the experimental data points on ns-r diagram. Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot!
Antony Lewis

Affiliation: University of Sussex

use get2DDensity

http://getdist.readthedocs.io/en/latest/mcsamples.html#getdist.mcsamples.MCSamples.get2DDensity
Jack Sparrow

Thank you! Antony Lewis!

Yes, I use the following command

density=samples.get2DDensity('ns','r')
density.normalize()

But how can I output these into a txt file? And what is the structure or meaning of data in density? Sorry for my very poor knowledge in python. I will be very grateful if you can help me more!!

Thanks!!
Antony Lewis

Affiliation: University of Sussex

PostPosted: June 07 2017  Reply with quote

You can access x, y and P elements of Density2D directly, as set in the class constructor:

http://getdist.readthedocs.io/en/latest/densities.html#getdist.densities.Density2D

Or just call density(x,y) to get an interpolated table as your preferred values (Density2D inherits from RectBivariateSpline).
Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: June 07 2017  Reply with quote

Thank you! Finally, I get the output data with 256*256 data points. But When I plotted them by myself, it seems to be very unsmooth, highly distorted? How can I get the similar figure as the getdistGUI displays? I mean, can I get exactly the data used in the getdistGUI curve?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Computers and software All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: