CosmoMC: Combining a new likelihood with the existing likelihoods

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Abhishek Maniyar
Affiliation: Laboratoire d’Astrophysique de Marseille

CosmoMC: Combining a new likelihood with the existing likeli

Post by Abhishek Maniyar » June 04 2016

Hello everyone!

I am running CosmoMC on a Windows 7 OS using COSMOBOX virtual environment. We have a new different likelihood model for JLA SN1a dataset with additional parameters than the just alpha and beta. I am renaming this file as supernovae_JLA.f90 (basically replacing the old file with this new one) and then it runs smoothly. I use my own code to calculate the luminosity distance for supernovae where the cosmological parameters \Omega_m and \Omega_{\lambda} come in.
Now I want to combine this likelihood with Plank likelihood to get a better constraint on these cosmological parameters. How do I combine \Omega_m and \Omega_{\lambda} from my code to those in Plank likelihood and others so that when I do the sampling, it considers them together and gives a combined result?

Sorry for the long question but I thought that it would be better to explain it in detail in order to get some help.
Thank you!

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: CosmoMC: Combining a new likelihood with the existing li

Post by Antony Lewis » June 04 2016

If it works without Planck I would have thought it would work the same way with Planck: just get parameters from the CMB object passes to your LnLike function.

Abhishek Maniyar
Affiliation: Laboratoire d’Astrophysique de Marseille

CosmoMC: Combining a new likelihood with the existing likeli

Post by Abhishek Maniyar » June 06 2016

Hey,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I tried using CMB class parameters in my code but I am getting some errors. I am now trying to use the inbuilt 'AngularDiameterDistance' function inside of cosmomc to accommodate \Omega_m and \Omega_{\Lambda} . I am getting some errors here as well. I am trying to resolve them. I will ask for more help if I don't manage it.

Thank you once again!