CosmoMC: Adding w0/wa as fitting parameters

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Per Andersen
Affiliation: University of Copenhagen

Post by Per Andersen » November 17 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce Fig. 27 on page 39 of Planck Collaboration XIII (http://arxiv.org/pdf/1502.01589v2.pdf). My first attempt was to use equations_ppf.f90 instead of equations.f90 in CAMB, but I think that just means that the underlying cosmology has a PPF dark energy model, but doesn't add w0 and wa as fitting parameters?

What I then need is to add w0 and wa as fitting parameters to the chains produced by CosmoMC, and my current attempts at this has so far failed. The older threads on this topic seem to not be valid for the version of CosmoMC I'm using (July 2015), and I couldn't find the answer in the ReadMe documentation either.

I'm sure it's possible, and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide an answer or point me in the direction of one.

Thank you!
- Per

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: CosmoMC: Adding w0/wa as fitting parameters

Post by Antony Lewis » November 18 2015

w and wa are available when you do a default build of CosmoMC (which uses equations_ppf.f90).

Per Andersen
Affiliation: University of Copenhagen

Post by Per Andersen » December 03 2015

Just for future reference, if anyone else find themselves in the same situation I was in all you have to do is go to the directory

Code: Select all

/cosmomc/batch2/
and edit the file params_CMB_defaults.ini and set e.g.

Code: Select all

param[wa] = 0
to five numbers that represent center, min, max, start width, propose width. It's explained in the comments of the file fairly well.

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: CosmoMC: Adding w0/wa as fitting parameters

Post by Antony Lewis » December 03 2015

Or, better, define param[wa] in your main .ini file which includes from params_CMB_defaults.ini (like test_planck.ini), so you don't change batch2.