help to use ppf module

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Ruth Lazkoz
Affiliation: University of the Basque Country

help to use ppf module

Post by Ruth Lazkoz » October 24 2014

Hi,

I am trying to interpret the various pieces of help available on this forum and the whole web.

Please, allow me to make (a few) questions that will sound silly to you.

If I get the idea correctly, in order to use the ppf module I should prepare initially a wa.dat file containing something like this (is the sintax correct?):

0. w0 + 1.*wa
0.1 w0 + 0.9*wa
0.2 w0 + 0.8*wa
0.3 w0 + 0.7*wa
0.4 w0 + 0.6*wa
0.5 w0 + 0.5*wa
0.6 w0 + 0.4*wa
0.7 w0 + 0.3*wa

Thanks so much,

Ruth[/list]

Erick Almaraz
Affiliation: University of Mexico

help to use ppf module

Post by Erick Almaraz » October 28 2014

Dear Ruth.

The use of the wa.dat is optional. If you want to use it, you must give a .dat file containing the values of the factor scale and the equation of state for each a, ie, (a,w(a)).

Regards

Ruth Lazkoz
Affiliation: University of the Basque Country

Re: help to use ppf module

Post by Ruth Lazkoz » October 28 2014

Dear Erick,

do you mean there another way to use the ppf module for one's favourite dark energy parametrization? I mean, another way rather than specifying it through an wa.dat file (or any other name)?

Best,

Ruth
Erick Almaraz wrote:Dear Ruth.

The use of the wa.dat is optional. If you want to use it, you must give a .dat file containing the values of the factor scale and the equation of state for each a, ie, (a,w(a)).

Regards

Erick Almaraz
Affiliation: University of Mexico

help to use ppf module

Post by Erick Almaraz » October 29 2014

Yes, you can specify the functional form of your favourite parametrization. For that purpose, in the function w_de(a) you could find the next lines:

if(.not. use_tabulated_w) then
w_de=w_lam+wa_ppf*(1._dl-a)

where w_lam and wa_ppf are constants whose values are imported from the .ini file. Anyway, here you can modify the parametrization, bearing in mind that you have to do extra changes in case you are handling more than two parameters.

Regards