cosmomc rstar help

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
jonah saidian
Affiliation: ucsd

cosmomc rstar help

Post by jonah saidian » July 08 2014

hey guys I ran some chains on cosmomc then made my getdist and now have a bunch of plot data files. I'm trying to make a graph like the one here at the end of this article "1403.3985" class="postlink">http://arxiv.org/abs/arXiv:1403.3985" and im having trouble figuring out how to make it r_0.002 from r_star which I have and can work with. any help would be appreciated thanks

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: cosmomc rstar help

Post by Antony Lewis » July 09 2014

The "r02" derived parameter is what you want.

jonah saidian

cosmomc rstar help

Post by jonah saidian » July 13 2014

Sorry I'm not very familiar with cosmomc yet did I need to define the derived parameter before running my chains or can I define now that they have been run? Also how would I go about defining it thank you

Antony Lewis

Post by Antony Lewis » July 14 2014

r02 is defined by default and in output chains.

jonah saidian

cosmomc rstar help

Post by jonah saidian » July 16 2014

ok thanks Anthony I found it in the output chains but I cant find it in the plot_data files made by getdist is there something specific I need to do to add that into the parameters in the plot_data files.

Antony Lewis

Post by Antony Lewis » July 16 2014

Add it to one of your getdist .ini file plot settings, either plot_2D_param or (what I usually do) triangle_params .

jonah saidian

cosmomc rstar help

Post by jonah saidian » July 17 2014

I tried doing that but I'm still not getting any data with r02 in it i have the line "triangle_params = omegabh2 omegach2 tau omegak mnu nnu yhe Alens ns nrun logA r H0 omegam omegal sigma8 r02" in my distparams.ini file the i run getdist with it and am not getting anything different. do you know why that is?

Antony Lewis

Post by Antony Lewis » July 17 2014

No (assuming you have triangle_plot = T).

Of course you don't normally need to look at plot_data yourself, the python scripts handle loading and plotting of the relevant files; but the files do need to be there for it to work.

jonah saidian

cosmomc rstar help

Post by jonah saidian » July 18 2014

ya the files seem to not be in there I'll keep trying different things but thank you for all of your help so far

jonah saidian

cosmomc rstar help

Post by jonah saidian » August 06 2014

hi anthony I have been fiddling with this for a while now. I found if I made my own paramnames file and pulled r_02 and ns from there I would get a plot but an inaccurate one I'm now looking further into the problem and see that when I run getdist it only processes 54 of the 60 parameters in my original parameters file "using 64014 rows, processing 54 parameters" I also noticed that the number for r_02, 29, is skipped in in the stats files produced by getdist so I think getdist isnt processing r02 at all. do you know anything about this or any way I could fix it?