Use of the cosmomc python scripts?

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Kirsi Elina Palmgren
Affiliation: University of Helsinki

Post by Kirsi Elina Palmgren » April 29 2014

Dear All,

I have done about 10 cosmomc runs in the traditional way, i.e., "manually" without the grid. However, I would like to take advantage of the python scripts to make LaTeX / pdf comparison tables etc. What are the steps needed? I'm new to python and could not easily figure out where to tell it the names of *.margestats, *.likestats, and *.minimum files or the names of the existing chains, and in what order to run the scripts and which scripts to run. Or is the only easy way to take advantage of the python scripts to create a new grid and just to comment in the scripts the steps where cosmomc is called (since I already have the chains). Even in this case I would like to know what scripts and in which order to run.

Elina Palmgren

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: Use of the cosmomc python scripts?

Post by Antony Lewis » April 30 2014

Kirsi Elina Palmgren
Affiliation: University of Helsinki

Post by Kirsi Elina Palmgren » April 30 2014

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I have read the Readme, but I still do not understand how to run, for example, makeTables.py without going through all the previous steps.

Elina Palmgren

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: Use of the cosmomc python scripts?

Post by Antony Lewis » April 30 2014

You do need to go through the previous steps.

If you have already run the results of some of the grid, you could copy across the chain files to the relvevant folder after running makeGrid.py (with suitable re-naming to match the grid's name for that combination), and then run runGridGetdist.py