Basic CAMB task

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Ben Harrow
Affiliation: Aberystwyth University

Basic CAMB task

Post by Ben Harrow » March 21 2014

Hi, sorry to bother you with this question, but i was hoping someone would be able to give me some help with my 3rd year university project. I am wanting to use CAMB in some way. i'm comfortable in using it to generate the power spectrum with different parameters.

The dissertation is going to be largely theoretical describing the process generating of the power spectrum, but I was hoping to have an experimental part.

The best i idea i have come up with so far, is simply demonstrating how changing the parameters causes the power spectrum to shift, however i fear there is only limited amount i can write about this.

Does anyone know a basic paper or article that could help give me more to write about the how the parameters change the power spectrum or maybe someone would have an idea of a simple 'experiment' I could carry out using CAMB? As most papers i find on this are of course way over my head.

Thanks for your time,
Ben

shadab alam
Affiliation: CMU

Basic CAMB task

Post by shadab alam » April 16 2014

Hi Ben,

If you are familiar with curve fitting.
Then you can generate power spectrum with camb for different paramters and try to fit that power spectrum to real data. One such source is SDSS (Sloan Digital Sky Survey). If you still have time and interested, then you can get data from this website http://www.sdss3.org/science/boss_publications.php and run some simple fit for few parameters while fixing other to the best fit values.

Shadab