CosmoCoffee Forum Index CosmoCoffee

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistSmartFeed   MemberlistMemberlist    RegisterRegister 
   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Arxiv New Filter | Bookmarks & clubs | Arxiv ref/author:

Request for computing facilities

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivan Debono

Affiliation: APC, Paris 7 / OBSPM

PostPosted: October 13 2010  Reply with quote

I am currently carrying out independent research on Monte Carlo techniques for weak lensing experiments (in relation to Euclid forecasts), and I'm being held up by lack of computing power. It takes more than 24 hours to calculate even a simple weak lensing Fisher matrix on my laptop (using CAMB for the transfer function). To explore the full likelihood space would require a computer cluster.

It is quite embarrassing to be standing here with a begging bowl on CosmoCoffee, but there is no other option.

I am therefore putting out a call for access to a computer cluster with IDL installed (my weak lensing code is based on iCosmo). Of course the institute would be fully acknowledged in any publication.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Research projects All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: