CosmoCoffee Forum Index CosmoCoffee

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistSmartFeed   MemberlistMemberlist    RegisterRegister 
   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Arxiv New Filter | Bookmarks & clubs | Arxiv ref/author:

Good Dark Energy review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Teaching, Papers and Presentations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kate Land

Affiliation: Oxford University

PostPosted: December 05 2007  Reply with quote

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a nice, clear, good review of Dark Energy for a keen A-level student. Covering the current evidence, theories, and general debate? So far she has been trawling through popular science articles - which I don't really think give a balanced or accurate viewpoint! Cheers, Kate
Sarah Bridle

Affiliation: University College London (UCL)

PostPosted: December 06 2007  Reply with quote

Hi Kate,
This months Physics World is dedicated to dark energy. I really like the article by Eric Linder and Saul Perlmutter, but there are several other really good articles in there too. I think they would be ideal for A-level.
It seems to be available online here
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/31910
Sarah
Kate Land

Affiliation: Oxford University

PostPosted: December 06 2007  Reply with quote

Thanks! Indeed my copy was lurking in my pigeonhole, and I have passed it on now... K
Eric Linder

Affiliation: UC Berkeley

PostPosted: December 08 2007  Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind comment on the Physics World article. If you can wait a little bit, there is a very good Annual Reviews of Astronomy and Astrophysics article coming out by Frieman, Turner, and Huterer. For resources at a variety of levels, you can check the lists in my Resource Letter on Dark Energy and the Accelerating Universe (Am. J. Phys. 76, 1 (2008) or 0705.4102). More toward the measurement/interpretation/systematics end is a review I am finishing up, "Mapping the Cosmological Expansion", but that won't be out for a couple of months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Teaching, Papers and Presentations All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: