CosmoCoffee Forum Index CosmoCoffee

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistSmartFeed   MemberlistMemberlist    RegisterRegister 
   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Arxiv New Filter | Bookmarks & clubs | Arxiv ref/author:

time to implement trackbacks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alejandro Rivero

Affiliation: Univ. de Zaragoza

PostPosted: September 03 2005  Reply with quote

see http://arxiv.org/tb-recent/

The idea is, when you open discussion about an arxiv preprint, you tell to the arxiv by sending a http POST and then they will review the discussion and list it if convenient. They do not like anonymous discussions.

I have already implemented it in Physics Comments, so email me if you have problems with the standard.

Alejandro
Antony Lewis

Affiliation: University of Sussex

PostPosted: September 05 2005  Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointer, this has now been implemented. Any arxiv paper with a CosmoCoffee comment should now have the discussion linked from the arxiv abstract page via a trackback link.

As far as I can see there is no way to delete a trackback? (e.g. if a discussion is deleted for some reason)
Anonymous

PostPosted: September 06 2005  Reply with quote

Antony Lewis wrote:
Thanks for the pointer, this has now been implemented. Any arxiv paper with a CosmoCoffee comment should now have the discussion linked from the arxiv abstract page via a trackback link.

As far as I can see there is no way to delete a trackback? (e.g. if a discussion is deleted for some reason)

I already noted this point to the ArXiV editor; if it becomes a problem, I hope they will suggest some protocol to untrackback a reference.

Alejandro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> CosmoCoffee All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum