CosmoCoffee Forum Index CosmoCoffee

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistSmartFeed   MemberlistMemberlist    RegisterRegister 
   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Arxiv New Filter | Bookmarks & clubs | Arxiv ref/author:

Physics Comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Teaching, Papers and Presentations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah Bridle

Affiliation: University College London (UCL)

PostPosted: December 07 2004  Reply with quote

Not sure yet how this new site http://www.physcomments.org/ does or doesn't fit in with CosmoCoffee. Would be good to understand the pros and cons of each system.
Antonio C. C. Guimaraes

Affiliation: Astronomy Department, IAG, Universidade de Sao Paulo

PostPosted: December 08 2004  Reply with quote

Apart from the format and technical resources, the Physics Comments and also the MathSciNet ( http://www.ams.org/mathscinet ) seem to be a little bit more formal and ambitious than the CosmoCoffe, aiming to provide public peer-review of papers.
Alejandro Rivero

Affiliation: Univ. de Zaragoza

PostPosted: December 08 2004  Reply with quote

But the fact is that the cosmocoffee is also providing an opportunity to review arxiv papers, only that more focused.

(Hi, I am the PhysComments admin. Sarah has been kind to point me this site.)

In fact this phpBB interface is the first one I dreamed about; but when I saw the internal code of the board... I decided to try a different thing, under Drupal.

I have been thinking about both approaches. The CosmoCoffe idea seems very good to go into focused, monitored discussion. PhysComments can provide a kind of hub for "Cafes" and at the same time it is able to keep itself any review/discussion process not lodged in a concrete cafe. Also I have incorporated an alert system which can tell a user when some concrete paper is quoted in the new preprints; this alert does not imply that the subsequente discussion -if any- will go to PhysComments; for instance I could redirect here any astro-ph review.
Antony Lewis

Affiliation: University of Sussex

PostPosted: September 03 2005  Reply with quote

Another nice site with new papers and comments specific to astrophysical hydrodynamic and MHD research is

http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~ljdursi/thisweek/index.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Teaching, Papers and Presentations All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: