CosmoCoffee Forum Index CosmoCoffee

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistSmartFeed   MemberlistMemberlist    RegisterRegister 
   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Arxiv New Filter | Bookmarks & clubs | Arxiv ref/author:

CDM power spectrum from pyCAMB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Computers and software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Pedersen

Affiliation: University College London

PostPosted: March 01 2018  Reply with quote

I was running a quick consistency check between power spectra generated in pyCAMB and the command line executable and I'm a bit confused about some of the output. I've created an interpolation object:

Code:
PK=camb.get_matter_power_interpolator(pars,zmin=98,zmax=100,nz_step=100,nonlinear=False,var1="delta_tot")

where 'pars' has the same cosmology as the params.ini used in the executable. The ratio of the two is plot here, which gives exactly what you'd expect:

I then tried to do the same with the CDM power spectrum, by setting changing
Code:
transfer_power_var=2

in the params.ini file, and setting

Code:
PK=camb.get_matter_power_interpolator(pars,zmin=98,zmax=100,nz_step=100,nonlinear=False,var1="delta_CDM")

in the python program. When I compare these two power spectra however, I get:

so the power spectra are no longer the same. Am I right in expecting them to be the same, or am I attempting to get the CDM power spectrum the wrong way? Do var1 and var2 not select which fluids we want power spectra for?
Antony Lewis

Affiliation: University of Sussex

Your second python example should raise an error because delta_CDM is not recognised (should be all lower case).

You need to set var2 as well as var1 for an autospectrum of delta_cdm: var1='delta_cdm,var2 ='delta_cdm'.

You can also use

camb.model.transfer_power_var.value=2

to change the default variable globally.
Chris Pedersen

Affiliation: University College London

Thanks, that's fixed it! (and yes you're right, delta_CDM did return an error, I had only var1="delta_cdm" to generate the second plot).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Computers and software All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: