CosmoCoffee Forum Index CosmoCoffee

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistSmartFeed   MemberlistMemberlist    RegisterRegister 
   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Arxiv New Filter | Bookmarks & clubs | Arxiv ref/author:

Trouble running GetDistGUI.py

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Computers and software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Hall

Affiliation: Cambridge University

PostPosted: August 02 2017  Reply with quote

Hi I've recently installed GetDist to plot distributions from a MCMC script I use.

I'm trying to run the GetDistGUI.py but am getting this error message:

Code:

Could not find getdist.gui.mainwindow: configure your PYTHONPATH as described in the readme!

In the readme it doesn't mention anything about PYTHONPATH (not that I can see), any ideas?

I'm running MacOSX 10.12.5, python 2.7.11, I have installed all the relevant dependencies with pip, I can run the setup.py file in the GetDist directory and all the tests pass.

Thanks!
Antony Lewis

Affiliation: University of Sussex

PostPosted: August 02 2017  Reply with quote

The error is when getdist is not in your path (e.g. "import getdist" will fails). You installed using pip, or ran setup.py install, the path should be fine. If installed from git, then need to include the relevant path in PYTHONPATH.

The error might also come from some other missing import, also check the final exception message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Computers and software All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: