CosmoMC compilation error

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Pablo Lemos
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Post by Pablo Lemos » December 07 2015

Hello,

I am trying to compile CosmoMC, it works on my personal computer, but not when I try on a cluster. I have the modules intel/fce/14.0.3.174 and openmpi/intel/1.4.2 loaded. The error message I obtain is:

ifort -o ../getdist Release/MiscUtils.o Release/ArrayUtils.o Release/StringUtils.o Release/MpiUtils.o Release/FileUtils.o Release/RandUtils.o Release/ObjectLists.o Release/Interpolation.o Release/IniObjects.o Release/ObjectParamNames.o Release/Matrix_utils_new.o Release/settings.o Release/samples.o Release/IO.o Release/GetDist.o -mkl -openmp -O3 -no-prec-div -fpp -xHost
/usr/local/Cluster-Apps/intel/fce/14.0.3.174/composer_xe_2013_sp1.3.174/compiler/lib/intel64/for_main.o: In function `main':
/export/users/nbtester/efi2linux_nightly/branch-14_0/20140423_000000/libdev/frtl/src/libfor/for_main.c:(.text+0x31): undefined reference to `__intel_new_feature_proc_init'
Release/StringUtils.o: In function `stringutils_mp_stringescape_':
StringUtils.f90:(.text+0x734): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
StringUtils.f90:(.text+0x7ac): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
Release/StringUtils.o: In function `stringutils_mp_join_':
StringUtils.f90:(.text+0xdde): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
StringUtils.f90:(.text+0xfa3): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
StringUtils.f90:(.text+0x115f): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
Release/StringUtils.o:StringUtils.f90:(.text+0x131b): more undefined references to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove' follow
Release/FileUtils.o: In function `fileutils_mp_readitemsub_':
FileUtils.f90:(.text+0x13f7): undefined reference to `for_default_init'
Release/FileUtils.o: In function `fileutils_mp_readitemfunc_':
FileUtils.f90:(.text+0x1663): undefined reference to `for_default_init'
Release/FileUtils.o: In function `fileutils_mp_readitemtxt_':
FileUtils.f90:(.text+0x8a07): undefined reference to `for_default_init'
Release/FileUtils.o: In function `fileutils_mp_readline_':
FileUtils.f90:(.text+0xa3ac): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
FileUtils.f90:(.text+0xa48d): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
Release/FileUtils.o: In function `fileutils_mp_extractfilename_':
FileUtils.f90:(.text+0xc7dd): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
Release/FileUtils.o: In function `fileutils_mp_readtextvector_':
FileUtils.f90:(.text+0xd610): undefined reference to `for_default_init'
Release/FileUtils.o: In function `fileutils_mp_opentextfile_':
FileUtils.f90:(.text+0x11e47): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
Release/IniObjects.o: In function `iniobjects_mp_tnamevaluelist_setcapacity_':
IniObjects.f90:(.text+0x816): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
Release/IniObjects.o: In function `iniobjects_mp_tnamevaluelist_delete_':
IniObjects.f90:(.text+0xb1a): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
IniObjects.f90:(.text+0xb6e): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
Release/IniObjects.o: In function `iniobjects_mp_ini_expandenvironment_':
IniObjects.f90:(.text+0xdfb): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
Release/IniObjects.o:IniObjects.f90:(.text+0xea1): more undefined references to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove' follow
Release/GetDist.o: In function `MAIN__':
GetDist.f90:(.text+0x49): undefined reference to `__intel_new_feature_proc_init'
GetDist.f90:(.text+0x5469): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
GetDist.f90:(.text+0x555b): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
GetDist.f90:(.text+0x5be4): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
GetDist.f90:(.text+0x5e60): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
GetDist.f90:(.text+0x5fcf): undefined reference to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove'
Release/GetDist.o:GetDist.f90:(.text+0x2ef1b): more undefined references to `__intel_ssse3_rep_memmove' follow
make[1]: *** [getdist] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratch/pl411/cosmomc/source'
make: *** [getdist] Error 2

Thank you in advance for your help.

Antony Lewis

Re: CosmoMC compilation error

Post by Antony Lewis » December 08 2015

May be mixing compiler versions?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums ... pic/494782

Pablo Lemos

Post by Pablo Lemos » December 11 2015

Antony Lewis wrote:May be mixing compiler versions?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums ... pic/494782
That was it! Thank you very much!

yujing lai
Affiliation: iggcas

Post by yujing lai » December 24 2015

can you show me how to fix it?

Actually i came across the same exact problem as you,i makefile smoothly on my PC,while on cluster in failed and prompted "undefined reference to `__intel_new_feature_proc_init"

the version on cluster : openmpi--1.4.3 and ifort-- 11.1.059;but the thing is i don't have the right to update the version of them.

So looking forward to your reply!!

Pablo Lemos

Post by Pablo Lemos » December 25 2015

yujing lai wrote:can you show me how to fix it?

Actually i came across the same exact problem as you,i makefile smoothly on my PC,while on cluster in failed and prompted "undefined reference to `__intel_new_feature_proc_init"

the version on cluster : openmpi--1.4.3 and ifort-- 11.1.059;but the thing is i don't have the right to update the version of them.

So looking forward to your reply!!
In my case, I think my versions of ifort (intel/fce 14.0.3) required a more recent version of openmpi (I was using 1.4.2), so it was solved by loading openmpi/1.8.8, I hope that is somehow useful.

Jorge Garcia
Affiliation: U Nacional Colombia

Post by Jorge Garcia » January 01 2016

Hello,
I am trying to compile CosmoMC with ifort, however when I run the "make" command on source folder appear a error. The error message is:

mc/workspace/wmap_likelihood_v5 -DWMAP -module Release -IRelease/ -c Calculator_CAMB.f90 -o Release/Calculator_CAMB.o
Calculator_CAMB.f90(95): error #6414: This PARAMETER constant name is invalid in this context. [WA_PPF]
wa_ppf = CMB%wa
----^
Calculator_CAMB.f90(727): error #6414: This PARAMETER constant name is invalid in this context. [WA_PPF]
wa_ppf = 0._dl
----^
compilation aborted for Calculator_CAMB.f90 (code 1)
Makefile:284: recipe for target 'Release/Calculator_CAMB.o' failed
make: *** [Release/Calculator_CAMB.o] Error 1

Is it a typo a problem with flags?

Any idea to solve this?. Thanks a lot.