CAMB: Adiabatic and Isocurvature

Use of Cobaya. camb, CLASS, cosmomc, compilers, etc.
Davide Maino
Affiliation: Physics Dept., University of Milano

Post by Davide Maino » May 28 2014

Is it possible to specify, AT THE SAME TIME, both adiabatic and isocurvature perturbations? Is there a way to express any possible cross-correlation between them? Is it possible to have a cross-correlation term which is actually a transfer function?

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: CAMB: Adiabatic and Isocurvature

Post by Antony Lewis » May 28 2014

You can use the initial_vector in the .ini file to set any combination of totally correlated modes (with the same power spectra). If you want partially correlated ones you'd need to run the code multiple times with different settings and combine the results to solve for the combination you want.

Davide Maino

Post by Davide Maino » May 31 2014

Hi Anthony, thanks. Other question: if I run a combination of adiabatic and isocurvature including adiabatic tensor modes, how the tensor-to-scalar ratio is computed? Does it include the scalar isocurvature perturbations? i.e.

[tex] r = \frac{P_R^T}{P_R^S + P_{iso}^S}[/tex]

Davide Maino

Post by Davide Maino » June 02 2014

Hi, is it possible with CAMB to obtain only the correlated part iso/adiab for a given fraction of iso perturbation? I.e. I would like to have

[tex]C_\ell^{tot} = (1-\alpha)C_\ell^{ad} + \alpha|\gamma|C_\ell^{iso}+
{\rm sign}(|\gamma|)\sqrt{\alpha(1-\alpha)|\gamma|}C_\ell^{corr}[/tex]

with a given [tex]\alpha[/tex] and [tex]\gamma[/tex].

Davide Maino

Post by Davide Maino » June 03 2014

How can I have totally anti-correlated mixture of adiabatic and isocurvature modes?

Antony Lewis
Affiliation: University of Sussex

Re: CAMB: Adiabatic and Isocurvature

Post by Antony Lewis » June 03 2014

Davide Maino wrote:How can I have totally anti-correlated mixture of adiabatic and isocurvature modes?
Just set the component in initial_vector to be negative (relative to the adiabatic sign, depending on your sign convention).

For the general mixture (with same power spectra) you'd need to run CAMB multiple times with combinations of pure or purely correlated modes, and combine to make what you want.

I think r is defined via the scalar amplitude (same for each component, so equivalent to purely adiabtic ratio if using adiabatic with vector component -1). If in doubt check the source code.