CosmoCoffee Forum Index CosmoCoffee

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistSmartFeed   MemberlistMemberlist    RegisterRegister 
   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Arxiv New Filter | Bookmarks & clubs | Arxiv ref/author:

question on forecasts of dark energy constraints from BAO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Cosmological Observations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruth Lazkoz

Affiliation: University of the Basque Country

PostPosted: March 22 2010  Reply with quote

Hi,

Does Fig. 5 In Blake and Glazebrook (astro-ph/0301632) give a good description of future bao constraints (fractional errors) on the line-of-sight and transverse comoving distances (DA/s and sH)?

There seems to be a good concordance with the Seo and Eisenstein prediction for DA/s as seen on http://iopscience.iop.org/0004-637X/665/1/14/fulltext?ejredirect=migration but for the radial distance the behaviour looks rather different as there seems to be a noticeable local minimum at z<1 n the Blake and Glazebrook prediction which does not show up in Seo and Eisenstein.

I have produced my na´ve many-body simulations to get future bao forecasts
and I agree fairly well with the two Blake and Glazebrook figures.

Hope someone with more expertise can think about this question for 10 min and give me a hint.

Best,

Ruth Lazkoz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CosmoCoffee Forum Index -> Cosmological Observations All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: