Suggestions for a cosmology KIPT program 2006-2007

See also CADC list.
Carlo Contaldi
Affiliation: Imperial College

Post by Carlo Contaldi » November 23 2004

A group of us here at CITA (Antony, Carlo, Mike,...) are thinking of submitting a proposal for a cosmology related KITP program that would take place in their 2006-2007 season.

if you are not familiar witht the KITP program structure you can take a look at the re web pages;

KITP program website

We're looking for any suggestions for specific topics that you think should be covered by such a program or just let us know if you would be interested in participating so we can build a preliminary list of people.

Carlo

Levon Pogosian
Affiliation: Simon Fraser University

Post by Levon Pogosian » December 21 2004

I'd be interested in participating.

As for a topic, I would suggest including the CMB/LSS cross-correlation as a probe
of dark energy. Some people are skeptical about it because of the large errors. But it can
actually be quite useful if one asks the right questions. I expect there will be a few papers
coming out on that in the near future.

You probably have already considered including the 21 cm tomography and what can
be done with it. That would be a good topic too.

Levon

Niayesh Afshordi
Affiliation: Perimeter Institute/ University of Waterloo

Post by Niayesh Afshordi » December 22 2004

I would also look forward to this meeting.

Being one of the skeptics that Levon mentioned above, I also consider the LSS/CMB correlation an interesting topic.

Another topic of interest is how to combine different surveys (CMB/SZ, galaxy, weak lensing, X-ray) to enhance or cross-check individual constraints on dark energy (or e.g. cluster physics).

Reionization is of course another direction which has much more to offer in the near future.