Good Dark Energy review

Kate Land
Affiliation: Oxford University

Good Dark Energy review

Post by Kate Land » December 05 2007

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a nice, clear, good review of Dark Energy for a keen A-level student. Covering the current evidence, theories, and general debate? So far she has been trawling through popular science articles - which I don't really think give a balanced or accurate viewpoint! Cheers, Kate

Sarah Bridle
Affiliation: University College London (UCL)

Good Dark Energy review

Post by Sarah Bridle » December 06 2007

Hi Kate,
This months Physics World is dedicated to dark energy. I really like the article by Eric Linder and Saul Perlmutter, but there are several other really good articles in there too. I think they would be ideal for A-level.
It seems to be available online here
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/31910
Sarah

Kate Land
Affiliation: Oxford University

Good Dark Energy review

Post by Kate Land » December 06 2007

Thanks! Indeed my copy was lurking in my pigeonhole, and I have passed it on now... K

Eric Linder
Affiliation: UC Berkeley

Good Dark Energy review

Post by Eric Linder » December 08 2007

Thank you for the kind comment on the Physics World article. If you can wait a little bit, there is a very good Annual Reviews of Astronomy and Astrophysics article coming out by Frieman, Turner, and Huterer. For resources at a variety of levels, you can check the lists in my Resource Letter on Dark Energy and the Accelerating Universe (Am. J. Phys. 76, 1 (2008) or 0705.4102). More toward the measurement/interpretation/systematics end is a review I am finishing up, "Mapping the Cosmological Expansion", but that won't be out for a couple of months.