Autologin doesn't always work?

Announcements, suggestions for new forums, ideas, etc.
Ben Gold
Affiliation: University of Minnesota

Autologin doesn''t always work?

Post by Ben Gold » June 30 2006

I've noticed occasionally I seem to "lose" my autologin, and have to log myself back in manually. Does this happen to anyone else? It doesn't seem to correlate with anything I do to my browser, but it happens rarely enough (once a week or so) that it's hard to tell.

I originally noticed it a while back when I tried to set up the RSS feed. After a short time stuff stopped showing up and it turned out it had just stopped logging in. This made the RSS feed pretty useless for me, so I've switched back to manually checking for new posts.

I'm just curious as to whether other people have seen this, or if it's something peculiar to my machine (PowerBook G4, MacOS X 10.4.7, Safari 2.0.4).

Niayesh Afshordi
Affiliation: Perimeter Institute/ University of Waterloo

Post by Niayesh Afshordi » July 01 2006

I haven't had this problem, and I use IE on Windows XP.

Sarah Bridle
Affiliation: University College London (UCL)

Post by Sarah Bridle » July 03 2006

I did used to have that problem with the autologin too, but again, it appeared random and was not very often, so I couldn't work out what was going on. It was especially annoying because it seemed to loose track of the uread posts too.

For a while now I've been using the rss feeds to Mozilla Thunderbird on Windows and this has worked really well, so I haven't been bothered so much whether autologin works or not.

Sorry not to be more help.